Universal remote control for Samsung device can be programmed using several methods. For the remote control you need working remote codes that you need to find and perform the programming steps carefully. After you program samsung universal remote control, you can operate multiple smart devices with a single key command.
Programming Universal Remote Control For Samsung TV
The universal remote control can be used to manage up to three smart devices with a single remote. However, initially you have to setup samsung universal remote control for your device. To setup control for your Samsung smart TV you can any of the below available methods:
How To Program Universal Remote For Samsung TV With Codes?
- Firstly, try to declare the constructor of the device. Choose from one of the given options as: “TV” setup, “DVD” setup, or “VCR” setup depending on the device that you want to setup remote control. Now follow the steps given below:
- Select the brand name of your device from the list. If the brand name is not listed there, press left arrow to cancel and then navigate to Automatic Search
- Click TV/DVD option depending on the device that you want to handle and then hold “SETUP” until the light below the former key blinks for twice.
- Fill up one of the 4 digit samsung universal remote codes from the list.
- Press the power button . If the TV/DVD/VCR has turned off then it indicates that you have selected the right code. Otherwise, try using another universal remote control codes and repeat steps 1-3. If none of the given codes works with your remote then try automatic search method.
How To Program Universal Remote For Samsung TV Without Codes?
This method is preferably used either when none of the brand codes to connect universal remote to samsung tv or your brand name is not available in the list. Here are some of the major steps undertaken in the Automatic search method:
- Switch on the equipment. Now click on appropriate device key, for instance “TV” if you want to setup control for Smart TV.
- Tap & hold “SETUP” until the red light under the device key blink for twice.
- Press “9,9,1”. And, the red light blinks twice.
- Tap any one of the function key like “left arrow, play, or mute” etc . However, if you don’t press any key at that point, the “Power” button is tested.
- Point the remote control at your Smart TV and tap “CH +/-“ repeatedly until the chosen function is performed. For instance, a volume bar displays or device is switched off.
- Then, Tap on “SETUP” to save the code of your device. Now, the device is programmed to operate with universal remote control.
How To Program Universal Remote For Samsung TV Auto Code Seach
If you would like to know about the code which works best for your device, then you can find it with the device code features. Select the appropriate option and follow these steps to program universal remotes for samsung tv or any other samsung devices:
- Turn on the device. Then tap on appropriate device buttons, for example “TV” if you want to setup a TV.
- Tap and hold “SETUP” until the red light under the device buttons blinks two times.
- Press the buttons “9. 9, 0” . The red light will blink for twice.
- As the first digit of your remote code, click “1” and count the number of times the red light illuminates. If the red light doesn’t illuminate that means the digit is “0”. For the second digit, tap “2” and count the number of times light blinks and repeat the same process for 3rd and 4th digit of code.
The found remote code may be used later instead of the ones that are available for TV setup, VCR setup, and DVD setup options.
Pressing Single key instead of Multiple
You may setup universal remote control to samsung devices through a sequence of commands with click on a key with the Advanced Mode option. For instance, To switch off your DVR & TV at the same point, perform the follow these instructions:
- Go to the “Advanced Mode” option.
- Tap & hold “SETUP” option until the red light on the remote control illuminates for twice.
- Now press “9,9,5”
- Click on the key to which you want to assign the operation sequence. For example “Power” button .
- Tap the key sequence (up to 8) which you need to click to perform desired function ex- power, or TV button.
- Click & hold “SETUP” until the red light illuminates for twice.
If you have followed the process correctly, press “Power” in the mode that will turn off both the recorder & TV set. To reset the program sequence of commands:
- Press & hold “Setup” until red light illuminates.
- Now tap “9,8,0”
- Reset is successful if red light twice illuminates, pause and blink again.
For your Samsung smart device, here you can find some major remote programming methods that are easy and working with all remote brands. Also, you need to be aware of all the require details and do have working universal remote codes & programming instructions. That’s all after following the correct instructions your remote will be programmed successfully.